Inc. Magazine listed Wheelhouse DMG as one of the best workplaces in the US and one of the fastest growing companies. We invite you to join us in our journey as we grow.
A Wheelhouse Digital Analytics Specialist plays a key role in defining, building, maintaining, and operating analytics platforms, integrations, reporting, and data visualization systems within an Agile environment. The specialist will work under the guidance of Analytics Architects and senior engineers, and will closely collaborate with other Wheelhouse teams, external partners and clients.
The specialist will regularly deliver value by problem solving, simplifying complex tasks and environments, and making connections between systems. From project work to issue troubleshooting and resolution, this role requires critical thinking, organization, classification, time management and interpersonal skills are required for this role which handles a variety of tasks from project work to issue troubleshooting and resolution. As part of the Wheelhouse team, Analytics Specialists are encouraged to grow their passions into careers and become part of the Analytics Architecture team.
Responsibilities and Duties
Analytics Platform Configuration, Maintenance & Support
- Configure, maintain and support analytics and tag management platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, DDX, etc.)
- Support development of and implement Analytics Implementation Plans and report on progress
- Support Analytics Implementation Quality Assurance Testing and reporting on quality of analytics implementations
- Provide on-demand support for issues through troubleshooting, issue identification, resolution and reporting
- Monitor analytics platforms for anomalies and support rapid resolution for mission critical reporting
- Report on activities and actively support Architects and management to triage incoming requests
- Support Analytics Audits and Business Development activities
Analytics Integration Build, Maintenance & Support
- Configure, maintain and support analytics integrations with:
- desktop applications
- mobile applications
- 3rd party applications such as CRM, ERP, SEM, PPC, and Marketing Automation platforms, etc.
Analytics Reporting Build, Maintenance & Support
- Gather requirements for reporting and building spreadsheets and tools to answer reporting needs (Excel, BI tools etc.)
- Communicate results to clients both internal and external
Qualifications and Skills
Need to Have:
- Google Analytics experience
- Basic Regular Expressions (RegEx) experience
- Basic SQL experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL; any variant thereof)
- Microsoft Excel (PivotTables, VLOOKUP, Conditional IF's etc.)
- Microsoft Word (Styles, Formatting, Tables)
- Intermediate to advanced ability to use Google Chrome Developer Tools
- Innate drive to simplify and "break down work" to discrete deliverables
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Agile environments (standups, sprints, backlog, Kanban, JIRA etc.)
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google Tag Manager experience
- R or Python experience
- Tealium experience
- Proxy Tools (Fiddler, Charles etc.) experience
Suggested College Degrees or Coding Program Certifications:
- Computer Science
- Data Science Immersive
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Applied Mathematics
- Web Development Immersive
- Data Analytics Immersive
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- 401K & matching contributions
- A generous bonus plan structure
- Flexible schedule
- An office view on the Ship Canal
- Volunteer opportunities (Check out what we've done so far on our blog!)
- A fun company culture with regular happy hours
- A fully stocked kitchen, pantry and bar cart
- The opportunity to grow your career rapidly
Wheelhouse Digital Marketing Group is a performance-driven digital marketing agency. We work with companies large and small to discover and make the most of new opportunities in an exciting, ever-changing digital landscape.
Our work is varied. We’ve developed global domain strategy for a billion-dollar insurance network and harnessed SEO to help dozens of ecommerce companies make organic search their fastest growing and most profitable source of revenue. We’ve built digital advertising campaigns that generate tens of millions in profit for an online bookseller, tripled lead generation for a leading telecommunications company through conversion rate optimization, and developed and implemented analytics strategies for a 150-site healthcare provider.
Although the digital strategies we employ vary with client needs, our identity does not.
We’re known for three things:
- The tremendous business value we drive for our clients.
- The strength and depth of our client relationships. We are true strategic partners. Our client relationships last many years.
- The principled way in which we conduct our business. We’re the agency that doesn’t feel like an agency. No “change requests,” no surprise invoices, no one looking to “monetize” our client relationships – just a commitment to deliver results.
Our values are our north star. They guide our decisions and our every action. We’re committed to being a partner who goes above and beyond to make sure our experience together and the results we achieve are exceptional.